You know too damn well that social media marketing shouldn't be ignored because social media helps drive business to your business. So you hop onto Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, or to any other network where you think your brand will get the most exposure.
With too many social media platforms around, having all of your accounts active has become quite a hassle. Just the mere logging in on all of your accounts makes you feel stressed out. What's more, you have to publish and share posts daily, or else people will think that your business has gone dead. Isn't it too tiring?
But worry no more!
Even if you have a bazillion social media accounts and company pages for your business, you can manage them using a web-based tool called Buffer.
What is Buffer?
As mentioned earlier, Buffer is a web-based tool. It works like your social media assistant that lets you schedule and publish posts on all of your linked social media accounts. It has been once called as the Siri of Social Media.
How to start using Buffer
1. Go to Buffer.com and sign-up to create an account. Click the "Get Started for Free" button (if you only want a free account).
2. Link your social media accounts. A free Buffer account lets you connect your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn social networks.
3. Once you have linked your social media accounts, you can start scheduling your posts.
How to schedule posts in Buffer
1. To schedule posts, click the "Content" tab menu, and the "Queue" tab.
2. You will then be shown an empty text box with social media icons on top representing your linked accounts.
3. You can select where you want to share your post by clicking the social media icons above.
4. Type your desired content in the text box.
- Hashtags are only working on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest, so you may not include sharing your posts with hashtags on LinkedIn.
- Your pasted URL will be automatically shortened to a Buff.ly link. But if you want, you may erase the Buff.ly link after Buffer has generated a preview of your URL.
- Once you have pasted a URL, Buffer will pull in a preview of your URL, together with an image, your blog's meta title, permalink and meta description.
- There's a tiny character counter beside the "Add to Queue" button indicating how many characters are left for each social media platform. Hence, a longer post is not feasible if you will be sharing it on Twitter that only allows a max of 140 characters.
- Share Next - will be published only after Buffer finished publishing all of your post's queue
- Share Now - instant share
- Schedule Post - publish your post whenever you want
And that's it! Easy, right? No more opening of several browser tabs just to login and update all of your social media accounts.