However, they have also advised that you should look into the analytics of your social media pages to determine what times are really working for you. But this seems rather too technical, especially for those who are not used to deciphering the analytics of their social media accounts.
To make it easier for you, you can use Buffer to help you determine your best posting times. It is actually a social media scheduling tool that allows you to schedule posts ahead of time.
But it also has a built-in Optimal Timing Tool that calculates the best posting times for your social media profile.
To easily find out your social media account's best posting times, do the following steps:
1. Sign up in Buffer.
2. Connect your social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Buffer lets you connect 1 account for each type of social media platform. But if you want several profiles connected, you have to avail their premium.
3. For each type of platform, schedule several posts in the morning, afternoon and evening. Or you can schedule posts that are 1 hour or 2 hours apart every day (Monday - Sunday).
This test post is necessary so that you'll be able to discover the best posting times for each day using Buffer's Optimal Timing Tool.
4. Once you have finished the week-long test post, click the "Schedule" tab, and click the "Try our Optimal Timing Tool."
5. Buffer will then prompt you to choose how many times you want to post each day. Then click "Calculate times."
6. Once you clicked "Calculate times," Buffer will show you your optimal schedule, or your best posting times.
If you use Buffer's Optimal Timing Tool, there's no need to go through deciphering your social media profile's analytics just to determine your best posting times.